Sponsored by The Standard-Journal
The Walking Tour promotes three primary objectives – historic preservation, education, and fitness and health.
- IT’S FREE! Anyone can join! There is no cost for the program and everyone is invited.
- IT’S HEALTHY! Walking is the best way to increase your overall health and wellness. Walking can increase weight reduction, reduce stress, aid digestion, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, help control your blood sugar levels, and improve your cardio fitness.
- IT’S FUN! Milton in Motion is a great way to meet new friends, be part of a group, and gain support and encouragement for your fitness program.
- IT’S CONVENIENT! Go to VisitMiltonPA.org/walking-club/registration/ to register to get Free Incentives! You’ll be instructed on how to use Bucknell’s Ready, Set, Fit App to record your walks. For every 50 miles you walk within the Milton Historic Downtown Walking Tour and/or Milton State Park Island you will receive a $5.00 Gift Certificate to a Milton business of your choice.
Visit the Standard-Journal office to verify miles and pick up your gift certificate(s):
21 N Arch St
Milton, PA 17847
- IT’S EDUCATIONAL! When using the Ready, Set, Fit App information will be displayed on your device when the app “pings” as you walk by points of interest.
The Milton in Motion Outdoor Wellness Program is brought to you by Evangelical Community Hospital and T.I.M.E. It includes the Walking Club sponsored by The Standard Journal and other activities such as fundraising Color-runs, Walk-a-thons, Canoe and Kayaking on the Susquehanna River, exercises at Merle Phillips Outdoor Life Park, Health Fairs and other events promoting Milton’s parks and recreation programs.